 Off-Topic / Debate / 23592
Re: Sheikh Yassin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:09:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello wrote:

The Israelis killed him.  Thus, now he's a martyr.  Have you ever seen a martyr
that wasn't the rallying cry for more blood?  Thus now the Palestinian people
have more anger and hatred towards Israelis.

This is laughable, the Palestinian people, who have been known to strap bombs to
their bodies and blow themselves up, along with innocent men, women, and
children, are going to have more anger. Please tell me how a group of people
willing to die just to kill as many Israeli citizens as possible, could possibly
have any more hatred. Isreal has continued to show great restraint in the face
of repeated attacks by these murderers. Granted not all Palastinian's are
members of Hamas, but I have yet to see level headed Palastinian groups in open
oposition of the militants.

And in the end?

*More* violence!!!! (on both sides)

*More* killing!!!! (on both sides)

Yeah, that's always a good thing.

Idoicy.  Madness.  Sheer lunacy!

I am not in favor of assasinations, but I also refuse to shed a tear over the
death of a lunatic, responsible for the murder hundreds if not thousands of
innocents. Take out the militant lunatics and perhaps the rational elements of
the Palastinian people will again have a voice. Remember that there is a peace
that only comes at the other side of war.

Scott

I think you and John both subscribe to the 'Dubya Administration' way of
twisting what was said.  But I can live with that.

In no place did I mention my appreciation of this guy.  In no place did I say
that his deeds were just and that he was good for the people.

What I did mention, and will continue to mention, is that with his violent
death, the cycle of violence and hatred will continue.  I will also state,
before you point out, that the cycle of violence would have continued anyway
without his death.  See, that's what sucks about cycles--they will keep going
until something, or someone stops it.

That said, this rationale is like this "Dave Parable"--

so you're walking thru the woods and happen across a forest fire--"Hey, let's
pour gas on it 'cause the forest is burning anyway..."

Ludicrous.

Stupidity.

Insanity.

And the violence just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
and on and on....

Idiots.  All of 'em.

Dave K
-Oh Hoppy, where are you???