 Off-Topic / Debate / 23588
Re: Sheikh Yassin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:44:32 GMT

(snip)

   And in the end?
  • violence!!!! (on both sides)

  • killing!!!! (on both sides)
Yeah, that’s always a good thing.

Sometimes it is.

Are you suggesting, for example, that the US should not be responding to al-Qaeda lest we really piss them off? Fact is that not responding emboldens terrorists to perpetrate more terrorism, not less (consider: the first attack on the WTC).

Further, I’d invite you to read the Hamas Covenant and I challenge you to devise a strategy Israel should/could adopt. Short of Hamas completely changing their charter (thus effectively eliminating Hamas), there is NOTHING Israel can do to stop them from terrorizing short of killing them first. This isn’t exactly rocket science.

JOHN