 Off-Topic / Debate / 23593
Re: Sheikh Yassin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:27:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Orion Pobursky wrote:

Just because the man should be dead or the world is better off with him dead
doesn't mean Isreal was justified in killing him.

His organization has declared war on Israel.  He was a {completely}
legitimate target.

In fact I would postulate
that this will lead to much more killing that it will prevent.

I think the Israelis believed that at one time, too, because the fact is that
they probably could have snuffed out his pathetic existence any time that
they wanted.  What they are realizing is that the slaughter of innocent
Israelis is going to continue {regardless} of what they do.  The fact is that
there is no appeasement for Hamas, except the obliteration of the state of
Israel.

I don't get your logic.  If killing him means nothing in the grand scheme of
things then why was he killed?  In fact, based on your above statement, I'd say
that this was less of an act of self defense and more of an act of cold blooded
murder.  This would make Isreal no better than the terrorists they're fighting
against.  Citing murder to justify murder is never the 'right' course of action.

-Orion