 Off-Topic / Debate / 23595
Re: Sheikh Yassin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:03:58 GMT

I think you and John both subscribe to the ‘Dubya Administration’ way of twisting what was said. But I can live with that.

Let’s get our perspective correct then (at least mine; I’ll let Scott speak for himself). I am presenting the view from the Israeli perspective; it has nothing to do with Bush. In fact, I would criticize the Bush administration for not pursuing known Palestinian terrorists!

   In no place did I mention my appreciation of this guy. In no place did I say that his deeds were just and that he was good for the people.

What I did mention, and will continue to mention, is that with his violent death, the cycle of violence and hatred will continue. I will also state, before you point out, that the cycle of violence would have continued anyway without his death. See, that’s what sucks about cycles--they will keep going until something, or someone stops it.

But in Hamas’ case, the “cycle” is not perpetuated by violence, but by hatred. The Israeli response is inconsequential to them. Their goal is Israel’s destruction, period.

   That said, this rationale is like this “Dave Parable”--

so you’re walking thru the woods and happen across a forest fire--“Hey, let’s pour gas on it ‘cause the forest is burning anyway...”

There is nothing that will quench the fire of hatred. The Israelis are finally deciding that physical separation from the fire (a wall) is the solution, until the fire dies out on its own.

   Ludicrous.

Stupidity.

Insanity.

And the violence just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on....

Idiots. All of ‘em.

If terrorists come to Canada and start killing her citizens and she defends herself, how would that make you an idiot?

JOHN