 Off-Topic / Debate / 23590
Re: Sheikh Yassin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:00:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello wrote:

(snip)

   Granted not all Palastinian’s are members of Hamas, but I have yet to see level headed Palastinian groups in open oposition of the militants.

As I mentioned, any Palestinian groups or leaders who shows sympathy or a proclivity to make peace with Israel may well find themselves the enemy of Hamas and thus dead. There is a definite fear of speaking out against these groups.

But I agree with you; what is needed is for Palestinians themselves to rise up, not against Israel (their perceived enemy), but against the violent, extremist groups (their actual enemies) who claim to represent them but merely use them to execute their chief agenda-- namely the destruction of the State of Israel.

JOHN