 Off-Topic / Debate / 23597
Re: Sheikh Yassin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:23:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Parsons wrote:
   There is NOTHING Israel can do to stop them from terrorizing short of killing them first. This isn’t exactly rocket science.

Mmmmm.

The same is said of the Israelis.

More BS moral equivalence.

   The same was probably said of the Russians, the Japanese, the Catholic Irish, before that the French and the Scots, and an illustrious list back to the Saracens and beyond.

No doubt there are some who read this sort of thing and think the same of the Americans.

Specious. To my knowledge, none of your examples had ever categorically sworn as the foundation of their existence the complete destruction of a particular enemy.

Let’s cut to the chase, and let me ask you straight on: Would Hamas still be terrorizing Israel if Israel returned to ‘48 borders and ceased any/all military interventions?

Would Hamas still be terrorizing Israel if each and every Palestinian in a country called Palestine were a millionaire?

If you answered “no” to either of these questions, you don’t get it.

JOHN