 Off-Topic / Debate / 21932
Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:10:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Eaton wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,1017505,00.html

Huh. Looks to me like a souped-up personality test indicating 'decisiveness'.
There's $1.2m that they coulda done for free.

  8^)  I don't give a lot of credence to interpretive personality assessments,
such as psychoanalysis, palmistry, or Myers-Briggs tests, since such tests seem
generally to reveal more about the expectations of the reviewers than about the
actual psyches of the test subjects.  Still, it amuses me greaty, and $1.2M is a
pittance compared to the billions being thrown into Iraq (and elsewhere!).

the very reaction itself of defensiveness is a great indicator of being
decisive itself, being a fear of something they didn't decide on for
themselves, or something they instinctively decided on differently.

  Here's a question for the gallery...  In an argument, how does one refute this
claim:  "You're being defensive."
  Consider:  If you deny it, then you're confirming it (all the moreso if you
refute it with evidence!).  But if you agree to it (why, yes, I *am* defensive),
then you confirm it, too!

     Dave!