 Off-Topic / Debate / 21451
Re: The Hidden Costs (was Re: It's All About Control)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:25:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:

<snip the rest which is great stuff>

Here's the life I imagine for the clueless, they have:¬
• a full-time job¬
• a retirement plan¬
• medical and dental¬
• a religious organization of which they are a member that provides at least
some fall back position when families fall on hard times (the Relief Society,
Deseret Industries -- {LDS/Mormon examples because that's what I know}).

I ask the clueless: Do you have any idea how many americans do not have any
of those four things?  Sure, sure -- they should rush right on out and get
those things immediately, yes?  From whom?  Wal-Mart?

Gee, if you're Canadian, at least medical comes with the citizenship--you
*always* have 1 on the list(not that I'm singing the greatness of Canada--the
'Walk of Fame' show last night did that much better than I ever could.  But
alas, since it wasn't 'Merican, it doesn't count.)

-- Hop-Frog

Dave K
-ouch, the irony combined with the sarcasm just gets me right here...
<thud>
...medic...