 Off-Topic / Debate / 21432
Re: It's All About Control (was: Re: Possession)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:35:27 GMT

I don't think I mentioned the gov't takig over the entertainment industry--I
was talking about people getting paid what they're worth, or what their
product is worth.

Good.

Start a studio, then, and use that funding model. I think you're a sure fire bet
to draw lots of big name stars, and more importantly, the smaller named crafts
people who do most of the work, because they'll get a better shake.

Seriously.

And if we can get some changes in corporate law through so that the "deathless
corps" lose their liability shield (instead, corp officers are held personally
accountable for stuff), lose their political pull, lose their regulatory
shielding, etc, etc, etc.... maybe a studio like yours might actually have a
chance since it would be competing on a fairer playing field.

Oh, and one other suggestion (somewhat more facetious than the above).. when
casting about for types of movies to do, stick to fantasy. :-)