 Off-Topic / Debate / 21428
Re: Possession
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:17:35 GMT

   I would like to see a revolution in the entire entertainment field based on something like this. Instead of paying an actor 20 mil to make a picture, pay the actor(s) based on the revenue that the motion picture makes (a la Nicolson in “Batman” (iirc) )

The problem with that is the “creative” accounting the studios use to show that movies don’t actually make money. Spider-Man grossed over $400 million and yet the studio told Stan Lee that it barely broke even. http://www.teako170.com/lawsuit.html

Many things have to change, all the way from the top down. I was hoping that the small independant movie trend a few years back would really take off and cause a motion picture revolution, but that seems to have lost steam.

Scott C.