 Off-Topic / Debate / 21439
Re: It's All About Control (was: Re: Possession)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:23:46 GMT

<snip>

So, meanwhile, I do my part as much as I can... whenever I go to a bar and see a
band I like, I buy their CD(s). Direct. No middleman. Capitalism at its finest.
Am I spitting in the wind thinking that I'm helping? Maybe. But I have less
Britney, et al, and more *good* music in my collection than the average schmo.

Sorry I misread then--on this above point I'll completely agree.  I saw Wendy
Woo in a pub in Denver last Christmas and I bought a few of her CD's and they're
extraordinary.  Much talent out there.  ANd, taking to a few musician friends,
these days it doesn't take hundreds of thousands of dollars to get a CD cut, the
biggest cost for them is studio time.  And they all do okay at their gigs
selling their CD's.  So in this instance, it works.

Hmmmm, Jack made a handsome salary on "Batman", being paid by percentages,
Affleck did not for "Pearl Harbor".  So which little idea just discussed in this
thread has *already* happened?

Making it a good example, within the limits of the system. Is it a valid example
to reason about an ideal system where the power of the BigCorps is broken and
the Free Market is allowed to reign free again? Some would say yes, and some
would say no.

Hacks off the stage please.

Meaning?

Misread, sorry.