 Off-Topic / Debate / 20869
Re: Sex Scandal: U.S. President had sex with Intern!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 22:16:02 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello writes:
No kidding, I'm LDS...

This explains a lot.

Why must religious people be tolerant of the lifestyles of others, while they
are intollerant of our lifestyles? How about this for a novel concept, keep
private things private. You don't discuss what happens in your bedroom, and I
will afford you the same courtesy.

I am not seeing the intolerance directed at the religious members of our
community.  Maybe if you were Jewish or Muslim.  That thing about Mormon
persecution so many years ago is starting to grow mold on it...

I'd just like to remind you that the LDS are not exactly observing the
Golden Rule in the way I think of it: "Do not unto others as you would have
others not do unto you."  Instead, they send their annoying missionaries
around periodically to bang on my door, as if I needed spiritual guidance
from a door to door, overzealous salesman!

Take thy Urim and Thummim from out my heart, and take tha form from off my door!

Now I am not in favor of overtly sexual acts in public, but I think that
holding hands, embracing, and kissing in public should be allowed for
everyone.  I certainly see heterosexual couples doing it, it would therefore
be most unfair to deny such practices to gays, bis, etc.

I have this funny feeling that you can't actually let it go at that --
that's too much to bear, to see same sex couples engaged romantic touching.
You're supposed to persecute people that do that.  It would be like allowing
a growing evil to fester within your community.

"God told me to skin you alive..."

-- Hop-Frog