 Off-Topic / Debate / 20853
Re: Sex Scandal: U.S. President had sex with Intern!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 07:34:10 GMT

I know that there is a foolish arrogance in you-- I think you think that you
have life pretty much figured out.  How nice it must be.

You may be right.  It amounts to something like this:

I don't judge others by my own possibly limited notion of what is right and
wrong for me as being right and wrong for them; unless they are dragging me
down with them, then my hand is forced and I must act with a greater degree
of self-interest.  I want generally to be left alone.  I want the government
to not use its enormous power to steal from the many to give to the few.

Kennedy and Clinton had their good and bad points.  One thing I sure never
cared about except as idle nonsense was their sex lives.  All I want from a
president is that s/he be a good CEO for the country as a whole and to
defend the U.S. Constitution (not by breaking the spirit of it, but by
simply defending each and every one of its enumerated and unenumerated
principles).  If a president can do that then I think I might be willing for
the taxpayers to foot the bill of the many brothels and escort services that
help take the edge off such a hard working individual.  As it stands we get
a lot worse corruption behind the scenes for not much real service to the
country.

Nobody was talking about Xtian marriages except you, Mr. Neal.  I don't
decide for others what their marriages mean for them -- they can either
disclose those details or keep them private.  I don't care, it's none of my
business.

-- Hop-Frog