 Off-Topic / Debate / 20065
Re: My Concession (for John mostly)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 05:15:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:

Oh no!  Not the "should we have dropped 'the bomb'" debate again?!?  No,
despite lame attempts at recent revisionism, we had no way to know what
Japan intended beyond its action

Wrong. http://www.doug-long.com/

(which were that the war was going to
continue to the absolute bitter end).

Wrong again.

The Emperor in fact could not
surrender until he had some face-saving way of doing it.

Ah at last something approaching reality! 1 outta 3 aint bad.

Viola!  Did him a
favor.

Whatever you reckon.

ROSCO

1: I read the site before I posted, and for that matter I read the site the
previous time this came up.  You may wish to actually quote the exact
passage that you are refering to, since what I read would seem to support me.

2: Unsupported gain-saying is the stuff of Monty Python routines.  If you
can't give me a reason, I can't judge whether you have a point or not.

3: The part about "doing him a favor" was a joke.  Relax.

-->Bruce<--