 Off-Topic / Debate / 20040
Re: My Concession (for John mostly)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:18:34 GMT

The 'Coalition of the willing' is *trying* to 'fight the good
fight'--*trying* to stay on the moral high ground.

SH, et al, have no such compunction.

My point has always been that we don't always follow our ideals when they're
"inconvenient".  SH, as it seems via the media, doesn't even try.

That's my concession.

Along those lines:

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-hillyer033103.asp

I opposed getting into this war but now that we're in it I want to win.
Unlike some here, I suspect, who would delight in an American defeat.