 Off-Topic / Debate / 20058
Re: My Concession (for John mostly)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 00:45:20 GMT

Immediately before WW II, was Japan a straight out monarchy, or a
constitutional monarchy?  I don't think I have ever looked into that precise
aspect of world history.

If it were a flat out monarchy, then I'd agree that we have at least one or
two arguments that could be made in favor of bombing countries into
submission/acceptance of democracy.

I know that Japan has at least some anti-military controls placed upon it
though, so maybe that helps too -- they understand that it is cooperate or
else.  Not exactly the freedom I was imagining but close enough that I'l
concede the point.

-- Hop-Frog