 Off-Topic / Debate / 12355
Re: Are we doing the right thing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 23:03:04 GMT

"James Simpson" <jsimpson@rice.edu> wrote in message
news:GIy92A.9r3@lugnet.com...

Which is exactly why that foolish missile-defense nonsense is so dangerous.
We're liable to create just the right conditions for a nuclear "incident" with
this money-sink, er, national defense system.  This whole issue just makes me
sick to think about it.

With that logic, I'd expect you to next say that bulletproof vests on police
officers invite criminals to shoot them.

It is imperative to our national security that we defend ourselves against
attacks.  Especially because the weapons of mass destruction are making their
way into the hands of terrorists.

-Tim