 Off-Topic / Debate / 12353
Re: Are we doing the right thing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 22:06:09 GMT

Geordan Hankinson at geordanh@yahoo.ca wrote:

Anyway, I don't really recall Ramius being ordered to destroy NYC, but
it's been awhile.

Oh! your right! they were only testing, the intention was to later destroy
NY on a dif. mission, sorry.

Dude, are you making this up as you go along?!?

Their orders were to proceed north, and rendezvous with Tupolev's boat,
where they would conduct drills with the caterpillar drive. Then they were
to return to Polyjarny (sp?).

Captain Raimus later tells the crew their orders are to sit off the coast of
New York, where they will "Listen to their Rock and Roll while we conduct
missile drills." He then tells them that they will proceed to Havana, Cuba.
He tells the crew all of this because he doesn't want them to be too
suspicious about why they're headed toward America.

At no point does anyone say anything about destroying New York. Captain
Raimus intends to defect because the Red October "has but one purpose."

~Grand Admiral "Yes I DO own The Hunt For Red October" Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego