 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 591
590  |  592
Subject:
Viability of Bulk sales (was Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:18:02 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

<snip>

I'm not sure that bulk or by-the-brick type purchasing will ever be that
large a segment of the market.

Are you agreeing or disagreeing?  I was making predictions about gross
profits, not gross revenues.

<snip yet more>

I thought I'd throw some anecdotal data in:

I called to place a large Lego order on Monday.  About 18 different
set #s.  Almost all of the new Bulk packs, the train packs, and the
castle expander pack were back-ordered.  (I expect Larry had something
to do with this? :)  The 'regular' sets were not.

I think that they're selling at least as many bulk packs as they'd
hoped.

My expectation is that every time we cause them to do another
production run of bulk bricks, our opinions in this forum gain a
little more weight.

4 or 5 months ago many people said "Give us bulk bricks in rarer
colours".  It took 'til now to happen, but they listened, and we're
buying them out.  That's a pretty strong argument for them to listen
to other suggestions of ours.

I think the most frustrating thing for us is having to wait months
for the sets to appear, but I'm not sure that TLC *can* move faster
than that.

We *are* getting what we want.  At glacial speed, perhaps.  Keep
pressing...

Regards,
Jeff