 Model Team / *342 (-100)
  Re: Detailed pictures on my website

"DB" == Dennis Bosman <dennis.bosman@siemens.nl> writes: DB> I don't see any errors. They open on my PC .... Hmm. Funky. Pressing reload in the popup window a number of times does not help. What does help is looking at the source, picking out the (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Detailed pictures on my website

I don't see any errors. They open on my PC .... (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Detailed pictures on my website

"DB" == Dennis Bosman <dennis.bosman@siemens.nl> writes: DB> Many people asks for more detailed pictures on my website. Well, I DB> made some Zoom-in pictures with some topics. Hopefully it will DB> give you more information. DB> English: DB> - (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC's: MAN Tipper & Volvo wheel loader

I agree with you. I hope we'll be in Ochten next year with some of his models!! He's done a great job. Well Duq, you have those 24x43 wheels now!! Lets make a contest: who can build a Volvo NH12 8x4/4 quickest??? Dennis (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Detailed pictures on my website

Many people asks for more detailed pictures on my website. Well, I made some Zoom-in pictures with some topics. Hopefully it will give you more information. English: - Renault AE: (URL) MAN concrete mixer: (URL) Scania T143E: (URL) Scania P124G: (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: ISCC: McLaren F1

(...) Brilliant! The best F1 car I've ever seen in Lego. When you said Mclaran F1 though, I thought you mean't Mclaren F1 'the road car'. Steve (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  ISCC: McLaren F1

Hello, Because Ludger Havighorst can't post here in LUGNET, I want to announce his ModelTeam entrie for the ISCC: McLaren F1 There isn't a story for, but the pics say all: (URL) Grüße, René (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: ISCC: Let your ideas take flight...

In case people missed this since it was announced to .contests only... This may well be the most ambitious (and richest, broadest, and potentially the funnest) contest ever staged in the LEGO world that wasn't put on by LEGO itself (and it surely (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.western, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build) !!

  Re: New MOC's: MAN Tipper & Volvo wheel loader

(...) Excellent, I am able to get to the wheel loader page now - previously I couldn't because of the menu problem and I wasn't sure if you had a page for the loader or not. There is definitely a problem with IE6 and Win2k. Jennifer (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC's: MAN Tipper & Volvo wheel loader

I have no more info about my models than presented on my site. I do have more photographs, but I didn't feel like scanning a lot of photo's. For the people who have problems with the menu or don't want to use JavaScript, I've put text links in the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

Awesome! Wow! Really love that Volvo. Wish I had those wheels.... Duq E. van Wichen <E.v.Wichen@student.tue.nl> wrote in message news:GKBMFn.4Ho@lugnet.com... (...) is (...) wheel (...) wheels. (...) these (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC's: MAN Tipper & Volvo wheel loader

Great stuff Evert, and the wheel loader looks smashing - do you have any more information and pictures of it? I can't get the menus to behave properly, but I think this has more to do with a recent upgrade to IE version six than anything you have (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC's: MAN Tipper & Volvo wheel loader

(...) Very nice! I had to look at the larger pictures to make sure it wasn't the real thing. Excellent work. TJ (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  New MOC's: MAN Tipper & Volvo wheel loader

Last couple of months I have been working on two models. The first model is a five-axle tipper. Modelled after a MAN 48.422. The second model is a wheel loader. The first time I had a usefull purpose for the power puller wheels. It's a Volvo L90D. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic) !

  Mercedes-Benz Actros

Hi@all! The german AFOL Marcel Kaster built a large-scale model of a Mercedes Benz Actros Truck. Unfortunately he gave me no more informations about his model and the construction, just the pictures for upload them as a gallery. But these are really (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  New MOC: 8 wide Lotus Esprit S4

I was chatting with Mladen one day about the difficulty of creating tapered windshields at small scales, and he suggested using flex tubes in this manner. I had dismissed this idea because I thought it would be too weak for my tastes, but it turns (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Amazing BMW model on Brickshelf

(...) According to Dennis Bosman's links page: (URL) is from Germany. I think all he has on the web is just his Brickshelf site. Awesome stuff. Amazing! (...) Probably not. But I bet he might read Lugnet. ;-) TJ (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Amazing BMW model on Brickshelf

(...) Yep. (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Amazing BMW model on Brickshelf

(...) Yep, those are Silver champion wheels. And a great model too! -Bryan (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Amazing BMW model on Brickshelf

(...) What wheels are those? Silver champion wheels? (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Amazing BMW model on Brickshelf

(...) George (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Amazing BMW model on Brickshelf

Yep, that thing is bloody awesome. The grill and body are very very BMW. Dang... (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Amazing BMW model on Brickshelf

"Stephan Legomen"'s latest screams BMW so loud, it's scary. This is yet another one of those models where you look at the Brickshelf thumbnail and wonder if its the real thing or a LEGO rendition. (URL) Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Beat Felber's New MOC

(...) it's (...) Thanks! Now I see that it's really very simple, I just didn't get the right idea from the text at Beat's sight. - David (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Beat Felber's New MOC

(...) The "Adjustable Stick" is the long straight "arm" that is connected to the end of the bucket, or dipper. Anyway, the stick can be moved "in-and-out" along its length. The cables that Beat is talking about on his website will move the stick in (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Beat Felber's New MOC

(...) An absolutely amazing model! This is the kind of stuff I read the news group for. I didn't get the 'Adjustable Stick' part though - why it's needed and how it's implemented. Can anyone explain that part in more detail? Thanks, David (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Beat Felber's New MOC

(...) I'd certainly go along with that, I particulary like the extra large picture's which show all the detail. My favourite picture is the one shot underneath. It gives you the feeling that your standing under the real thing! It would be nice to (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Beat Felber's New MOC

In case you haven't seen it yet, you've got to check out Beat Felber's new MOC, a Bucyrus Erie 1050B Stripping Shovel. (URL) on the models page down about mid-page) This thing's fantastic! Good job Beat, you certainly deserve CLSOTW. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam) !

  New MOC: 10 wide Peterbilt Model 379 Truck with Trailer

I finally finished this truck after working on it for a couple hours almost every day for a week and a half. The truck is approximately the same scale as my 8 wide cars. Before you mention that it's all studs up, look closer at parts of the front (...) (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.modelteam) !!

  Re: [Review] 3451 "Sopwith Camel"

<snip> (...) <snip>> (...) Any chance of some details of the mods? tim (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.reviews)

  My new and improved website is now online!

All of my Space, Air, Water, and Land creations have a new home-- at the shortest URL yet! Most of my old stuff and all my stuff is there. Please feel free to use the rating form on anything you look at: (URL) LMKWYT, update your links, and let me (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.build, lugnet.boats, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars) !

  New MOC - Model Team-ish truck

Hi everybody - I usually hang out in .space, but I do build other things on occasion. I've just posted pictures of my latest creation - a large-scale truck. I showed it at the recent BayLUG meeting. (URL) probably more Miniland than Model Team - it (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC and Website

(...) In 20 years maybe.... Evert (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC and Website

(...) Roger that! The site is slick and the models are great. The tanker, especially, is really sweet, but all three are very nice. Dennis B. needs to look back, someone's gaining on him! :-) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC and Website

Thanks for all the compliments. In a little while I get conceited :). (...) You're right. i uploaded the pics from the excavator transport in february (I think) and the pics of the MAN in may. At that time, I didn't post a message about it, I just (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC and Website

Welcome to the Lugnet community! Your Lego models look simply great; I especially like that tanker... :-) (...) Hehe that is exactly the problem with my models; they just look too messy and complicated! (I tend to use the traditional Technic (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC and Website

Welcome, right on and wow! I'm not sure which is my favorite - they're all done with such skill!! Nice web site too! I liked reading the stories about the creative process. All the trucks look grat and the excavator is top notch. Question: I'm (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC and Website

(...) watch that group who would be interested in your models. (I'll cross-post this reply to lugnet.technic) (...) Welcome to the fun! (...) Excellent models! Your website is very nice as well. It has a nice clean sophisticated look. I look forward (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  New MOC and Website

I don't know if this message belongs here. If not, please say so. I started building with Lego again in december 2000 and around that time I "discovered" the online Lego community (LUGNET, Brickshelf, etc). The past 7 months I just have been reading (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.modelteam) !

  "New" MOC: Motorized Ferrari F355 Spider

Those of you who went to "BrickFest(sm)" have already seen this...and maybe you even saw me drive it around. Anyway, Monday evening before "BrickFest(sm)", I felt the urge to build, so I tackled a Legoland Miniland scale Ferrari F355 Spider. A (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.modelteam) !!

  Brickfest teaser

Small enough so that it zips around easily and quickly, yet large enough for plenty of details... (URL) someone can identify the car...any guesses? --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: New Website

Hello again Thank you for your compliments. It's a good feeling that my site is accepted by the Lego community. This will give me additional motivation to do more. The next thing I will add to my page is a "news" link where you can find a list with (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New Website

I'm a big Technic Head and I love this site! Everything looks great! I must say I have tried a simular Turntable layout, yours is really good. The Robot I am building now will require a heavy duty Turntable setup in the Legs. It's good to see (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New Website

(...) should bookmark. Beat's models and ideas are fantastic and worth looking at. I particularly like the turntable idea. It is a great demonstration of building skill and is something that I'd like to try to build. Great website. Keep up the good (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New Website

(...) Very nice site there! It's much better than mine... Also some of your creations are quite innovative; great work! -Gaurav Thakur, raving madman Can be reached at cp5670@supermail.com (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 3451 "Sopwith Camel" 14-wide boxcar

(...) Very nice!! Good thing John Neal is more of a passenger train guy, or he'd be going nuts trying to come up with something better... The weathered look of the roof pieces is great - it really adds to the character of the boxcar. One question (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains)

  Re: [Review] 3451 "Sopwith Camel"

(...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Website

(...) Great site! Where do the threaded axels come from? Lester (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New Website

Hi Beat, First of all, congratulations on launching your first site! I'm not a big technic fan but I wanted to say that your site layout looks excellent. I love the frame on the left with all the bricks laid out - did you scan that directly on a (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New Website

(...) You've done some astounding stuff there. It's going to take me a while to explore and take it all in. For now thought, great job. I particularly like the mining stuff as a towing dragline is on my 'one-day' list of projects. Psi (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  New Website

Hello Lego enthusiasts out there I just have launched a new website: (URL) called it "Engineering with ABS" and it features various models of construction and mining equipment as well as material handling and others. Have a look at it and feel free (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam) !

  Re: [Review] 3451 "Sopwith Camel"

(...) Well, it took me longer than I thought it would to get pics taken and put up, and even then it's hardly a revolutionary application (although I'm putting them to *PROPER* use)[Grin&Duck].... on the other hand it's hardly a standard width, (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains)

  Re: [Review] 3451 "Sopwith Camel"

(...) Yes, this is what we all seem to like. In my eyes this is at least the best set since 5571 - maybe even better! It got my 100% vote. (...) I have made some small chances to give room for the legs of a technic figure. Additionally the seat had (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.reviews)

  New MOC: 8 wide custom hatchback

After reading (URL) I was inspired to build the ultimate rice-boy hatchback. (URL) rice burner is loaded: lowered; chrome, extra-wide rims; chin spoiler; side skirts; giant spoiler; extra-wide fenders; racing seats; pinstripes; racing stripes; (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.modelteam)

  New MOC: 8 wide VW Beetle

While I was sorting, I came across arches and couldn't stop the fenders flashing through my head without building a Beetle at the same scale as my other cars. As always, the doors open. The front seats fold forward to let passengers into the back. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.modelteam) !!

  Re: [Review] 3451 "Sopwith Camel"

In lugnet.modelteam, Frank Filz writes: <rampant, wanton snippage> (...) [grin] Gimme a week. :) KMaynes (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: [Review] 3451 "Sopwith Camel"

(...) I just got mine Friday and built it, and I mostly agree with Larry's ratings (though I would actually rate playability a bit higher, it's fragile, but does hold together if you don't stress it too much). (...) I did try a Creator minifig, and (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.reviews)

  [Review] 3451 "Sopwith Camel"

Set: 3451 "Sopwith Camel" Model Team (billed as "Sculpture" on the LD website) Rating date: 2 Jun 2001 Rated by: Larry Pieniazek Story (ala adequate.com) Dateline: Somewhere in France, late 1918... Gee Willikers do I hate mud! France has a LOT of (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Neat Streeter

(...) You know of the excistens of (URL) ? /Tobbe (URL) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Neat Streeter

(...) Nice job Braith. Now if Lego brought out Model Team sets like that... pete.w (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Neat Streeter

Hi folks, After a long time on the shelf, I have finally taken some pics of my pride and joy... a Model Team inspired Street Machine. Features include opening bonnet, boot and doors, working V8, rear suspension, flex system steering and lots of (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Sopwith Camel

(...) I have to concur on this point, but in the past Model Team stuff has been all vehicles. While it goes without saying that the UCS and Sopwith definitly fall into this category, How does on classify a dragon? The minifig and Statue of Liberty (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Sopwith Camel

(...) While it may not be officially so, as far as I'm concerned, the UCS sets and the sculptures - particularily <set:3451> (let's see how long it takes for _that_ to work... <hehheh>) - ARE Model Team sets. Bring on the Model Team aircraft!!! (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Sopwith Camel

There is another thread going about the new Sopwith Camel saculpture that will be offered by Lego Shop at Home. The reason I come here is this: Can the new sculpture be considered Model Team, or must it be classified otherwise? I realize this is a (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Yet Another Technic Creation

Hello again folks, I have finally completed the web page for my latest Technic creation, a radio controlled Technic figure scale 8x4 truck with a hook lift system which allows the tipping and loading/unloading of skips (dumpsters). As well as the (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.modelteam) !!

  Re: MOC by a German: Mercedes-Benz 300 SL

Looks cool, but I wouldn't pay DM 500 for it.... (some $220,-) Duq "Jean-Marc Détraz" <moratel@auracomNOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:GCKpAo.87G@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  MOC by a German: Mercedes-Benz 300 SL

Hello, Look at this beautiful MB 300 SL (URL) It's an eBay-link but that is where I found the Pic. Enjoy and Leave a comment. IMO it is a fantastic model and very unusual. Jean-Marc (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Truck MOCs by an anonymous german LEGO fan (model team scale)

Oooooh, NIIIICE trucks! Those pics will give me some great ideas for the extra 5591s and 5571s I have! (...) -- | Tom Stangl, iPlanet Web Server Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | iPlanet Support - (URL) A division of AOL Time Warner | (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 5571 wheels vs. 5563 wheels?

(...) I'm working on a mobile crane. Its not really a Model Team project, its more of a Technic MindStorms thing. I'm trying to reproduce as much of the mechanics of a mobile crane I can, rather then model any particular crane. As for the wheels, (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

Crane?? Tell me more! Any preview pics? Duq "Derek Raycraft" <djr@klg.com> wrote in message news:GBzwnM.Gq@lugnet.com... (...) to try (...) right (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 5571 wheels vs. 5563 wheels?

(...) Thanks, now I know I can get the wheels to finish my crane. I was going to try and use the Barcode truck wheels at the front, but they just didn't look right being smaller then the others. Derek (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 5571 wheels vs. 5563 wheels?

(...) The wheels in 5571 and 5563 are identical indeed. :) Bryan (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  5571 wheels vs. 5563 wheels?

I was wondering if the 5563 wheels and tires are the same as the 5571 wheels and tires. I looked back through past messages, but no-one had done an absolute comparison. I need to be absolutely sure they are the same before I by any 5563s. I made the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Ideas for new sets? (re: motorcycles)

(...) here is a page which displays all the cycle creations. This is exactly what I would like Lego to start producing. oops, here is the link: (URL) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Ideas for new sets? (re: motorcycles)

(...) here is a page which displays all the cycle creations. This is exactly what I would like Lego to start producing. J (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Ideas for new sets? (re: motorcycles)

(...) Babelfish does a half-reasonable job at translation on this one - babelfish.altavista.com use the website translation, it dynamically translates the whole site. ROSCO (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Ideas for new sets? (re: motorcycles)

(...) (URL)Of course, it looks cheap, the colors stink, there isn't the level of detail (...) IMHO all clone brands are S&*^! for the reasons you have just stated and many more! I wouldn't taint my Lego with them. Steve Lane (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Ideas for new sets?

(...) Well, The <set:8422> wheels are aprox. 83mm in diameter (with the tires), so what I would want is more like 120+mm. - David (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Ideas for new sets? (re: motorcycles)

(...) Looks like the front forks don't turn either, but I may be wrong. ROSCO (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Ideas for new sets? (re: motorcycles)

(...) [...] (...) It looks more like <set:8422> than 8417. On the other hand, it has "real-working rear suspension", but no gears, chains, engines, etc. -- mechanisms that make the Technic 8417 and 8422 so enjoyable. In terms of functionality, this (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Ideas for new sets? (re: motorcycles)

(...) That set doesn't look too different from the old Mag Wheel Master (URL) a model team motorcycle would be something Lego hasn't done before. (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Ideas for new sets? (re: motorcycles)

(...) I just found a new mega blok set that is along the lines of what I wish LEGO would make. (URL) course, it looks cheap, the colors stink, there isn't the level of detail I would expect from a Model Team set or want in a Technic set, but its a (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Ideas for new sets?

YES!!! Proper motorbike wheels! Spoked, if possible, and 80+mm diameter.... I definitely second the wish for Model Team motorbikes. See (URL) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Ideas for new sets?

(...) A Model Team race bike! Now that's a great idea! I think an UCS bike set with a considerable number of pieces would be even better. LEGO would probably need to create a new wheel for it - the wheels on the <set:8422> are not big enough for (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Model Team Decline

(...) How come it has it's own newsgroup then? (...) The solutions obvious, this is lego we're discussing so just build them yourself and then upload the pics onto Lugnet. (...) Indeed they are. (...) No they shouldn't, perhaps they should ask the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Model Team Decline

I've just spent a little time checking the history of Model Team (what else would you do at 1am?). Looking at the bare facts on a piece of paper a few things were very striking: Model Team has produced 14 sets(I don't count the ferrari as it's (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 5580 extra pieces

(...) Interesting - I got a couple of 5563s in a sale recently and they both had some substantial extra bits too, including an extra door! (...) Likewise, being a fan of mechanical function I was a lot more impressed than I thought I would be. I (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  5580 extra pieces

Hi all, recently found a 5580 and built it straight away. There seem to be quite a few extra pieces. I've looked at the pictures for the second model (too ugly to waste any time building it) and it doesn't seem to need them. I'm used to getting a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fairytale - True!

If only they would have accepted my bank card....... I was limited by what was in my pocket. Besides, I don't do town or trains, so there's a whole treasure left.... Duq "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fairytale - True!

(...) <snip> (...) Why would we need that?? presumably you cleaned them out (or should have...) :-) ++Lar (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fairytale - True!

(...) That would be great, except my knowledge of German isn't that great... was there a lot of classic town sets? I was interested in getting some of the more "antique" sets that came out before town junior (pre-1997). Ben Medinets (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.modelteam)

  64 1/2 Ford Mustang Convertible

Here's the link to a 64 1/2 Ford Mustang Convertible I made a few weeks ago. It's been up at Brickshelf for a while, but I just got around to posting it here. It's my first (and only, as of now) attempt at building a car. Enjoy, and LMKWYT. link: (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.modelteam) !

  Fairytale - True!

Fairytales still happen! This week I was in Germany for my holidays. We were driving through this tiny town in the Mosel area when from the corner of my eye I spotted some old sets in a shop window. Stopped the car, asked my better half for (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.modelteam)

  8 wide '69 Dodge Charger

I couldn't resist :) Once I had an idea for the front grill, I couldn't leave it at that, so I finished the car instead of working on my spaceliner. As always, please LMKWYT! Please rate the model and let me know if there are some other views you (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.modelteam) !!

  Re: Who is this El Caracho?

(...) Your English is so good I didn't realise you're E2L! Hence the typo riff, I don't normally riff on typos for "English is my 2nd Language" cats. (...) Happy to not meet that expectation, it's non existent! My German is also terrible but a bit (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Who is this El Caracho?

(...) A she would be "La Caracha", neh? -JDF (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Who is this El Caracho?

(...) Excuse my lousy English, but I do not expect your Dutch to be any better ;) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Who is this El Caracho?

(...) Who's al? :-) Seriously, good point. (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Who is this El Caracho?

(...) for al we know HE is a SHE... Wez (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Who is this El Caracho?

(...) Yes, please do! I would have to say that a KW and an Excalibur are about as far apart as two road vehicles could be... and he aced both of them! Way cool! ++Lar (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact