 Model Team / 281
Re: Sopwith Camel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 01:21:57 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.modelteam, Greg Howell writes:
There is another thread going about the new Sopwith Camel saculpture that
will be offered by Lego Shop at Home. The reason I come here is this:

Can the new sculpture be considered Model Team, or must it be classified
otherwise? I realize this is a silly question, but it seems to me this
sculpture is perfect for the Model Team line. Not only that, but if it is
well supported, perhaps Lego will see that there is a demand for more
detailed models. I don't know what the numbers are, but the UCS Star Wars
sets are great. I'd like to see more large scale sets. Perhaps even the
revitalization of Model Team. Let's hope it doesn't go the way of Fabuland!

While it may not be officially so, as far as I'm concerned, the UCS sets
and the sculptures - particularily <set:3451> (let's see how long it
takes for _that_ to work... <hehheh>) - ARE Model Team sets.  Bring
on the Model Team aircraft!!!  <sound of cheering crowd>    :-)

SRC

I have to concur on this point, but in the past Model Team stuff has been
all vehicles. While it goes without saying that the UCS and Sopwith
definitly fall into this category, How does on classify a dragon?
The minifig and Statue of Liberty certainly go along with the Model Team
theme also as they are representations of real things, but the Dragon? Maybe
we have to hand that over to the Castle folks!

GREG~
L#765
StRuCtures