 Technic / 4497
Re: Ideas for new sets? (re: motorcycles)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 00:29:18 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ray Kremer writes:
In lugnet.technic, Jonathan Lill writes: • [...]
I just found a new mega blok set that is along the lines of what I wish LEGO
would make.

http://www.megabloks.com//html/Micro/Probuilder/9719.htm

Of course, it looks cheap, the colors stink, there isn't the level of detail
I would expect from a Model Team set or want in a Technic set, but its a
step in the right direction.

Jonathan

That set doesn't look too different from the old Mag Wheel Master
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8417
Though a model team motorcycle would be something Lego hasn't done before.

It looks more like <set:8422> than 8417.

On the other hand, it has "real-working rear suspension", but no gears,
chains, engines, etc. -- mechanisms that make the Technic 8417 and 8422 so
enjoyable. In terms of functionality, this Megabloks set is about on a par
with <set:8251>. :-)

8251 is one of my all-time favorite small Technic set, and it looks
infinitely more elegant than the larger motorcycle from Megabloks. Note
despite the size difference, the list prices of these two sets are in the
same range ($8 of 8251, versus $9.99 of Megabloks).

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang