 Technic / 4406
Re: Ideas for new sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:03:09 GMT

In lugnet.technic, James Powell writes:

Brakes would be nice.  A hand brake is probably doable in the current supercar
(I haven't tried).  Foot brakes would need something like flex system to
activate.  Even rear drums would be neat (I'd rather see a caliper piece to go
onto the 4x4 thin pulley than a sealed unit!)

Why make life difficult for yourself putting brakes in the wheel assembly?
It would probably work better if you put a brake on the transmission
instead. You would then only need one and it could be put anywhere between
the rear dif and the gearbox. If room was tight just add a gear to the
propshaft, run a shaft off that and theoretically you could have the brake
anywhere on the car you liked. Some vehicles prototypically have brakes on
the transmisson(not cars though I'll admit).

Steve Lane