 Technic / 4412
Re: Ideas for new sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:43:49 GMT

In lugnet.technic, David Arnon writes:

I assume that by 'Super Car' you mean the new one <set:8448>. The old
<set:8880> is a must have and I consider it to be in the top 3 sets of all
times.
Even the <set:8448> is a great set in my opinion.
"basic suspension, engine, steering combo" is a poor description of the Street
Sensation. It has a *great* gear box and I like it's modularity concept very
much.

I agree with your opinion. I love 8448 and I bought it because I had missed
out on 8880. At the time too I didn't realize that Lego had done a gear box
before and was absolutely enthralled by its construction.
But even with 8448, for all its improvements, there has been lots of debate
over whether its a better set than 8880, and it must be admitted that
despite its quality, it lacks the originality of sets like the space shuttle.

\

I also would love to see a bigger motorcycle set (bigger than <set:8417> &
<set:8422>) with a leg operated gear box (I thought about it and I don't know
how to make one with more than 2 different gear ratios) and hand operated
brakes (that really work)

I know I'm not being very original (another car? another motorcycle?),

Actually, while I'm not a technic addict, I absolutely adore the motorcycles
and am trying to collect every single one(without paying too much money of
course.)

I too would love to see a larger version with additional functionality and
that more closely resembles a real street bike. I would almost prefer a
model team-type bike in this respect since I would like to see a real
treatment of a fairing.

Jonathan