 Technic / 4399
Re: Ideas for new sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:38:41 GMT

I think the 'Super Car' line that has already seen 5 cars can be taken another
step forward. Many features haven't been implemented yet:
1) Differential lock    (Shouldn't be so hard)
2) Hand brake          (also easy)
3) Regular brakes   (a bit harder)
4) Clutch (And I don't mean the white gear)
5) Any more ideas?

I've done a clutch, but it ate LOTS of power, and didn't work all that well.

Brakes would be nice.  A hand brake is probably doable in the current supercar
(I haven't tried).  Foot brakes would need something like flex system to
activate.  Even rear drums would be neat (I'd rather see a caliper piece to go
onto the 4x4 thin pulley than a sealed unit!)

I also would love to see a bigger motorcycle set (bigger than <set:8417> &
<set:8422>) with a leg operated gear box (I thought about it and I don't know
how to make one with more than 2 different gear ratios)

How about sketching out one with 2 ratios?  I might have a go (I have 3 of the
4 motorbike sets)

I know I'm not being very original (another car? another motorcycle?),
just to add two more newer ideas, I think a clock set is already called for
(not my idea) and I'd also like to see a sewing machine set (dream on...)

Yes, but incremental improvement would be good.  If brakes were doable, I would
love to see Lego do some special packs:
8449- Brakes
8450- V12 engine
8451- Supercharger for either engine
8452- valve gear (special cam piece/valves) for engine

Things like that would be NEAT!

James