 Technic / 4419
Re: Ideas for new sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:38:16 GMT

Some vehicles prototypically have brakes on
the transmisson(not cars though I'll admit).

not quite true.  One of the cars I drive on occasion has its brake on the dif
(it has no transmission per se, just a chain and dif aft of the engine...its a
replica of a 1903 Locomobile)

I'm just more thinking of coolness factor, and caliper units which the flex
system activated, and gripped onto a 4x4 pulley seems way up there to me.

Even if it does mean a fixed solution.  As of right now I have a train brake
car (there's a DAT been posted of the bogie solution), but haven't played
around with a auto brake.

James