 General / 28396
28395  |  28397
Subject:
Fairytale - True!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 18:15:47 GMT

Fairytales still happen!

This week I was in Germany for my holidays. We were driving through this
tiny town in the Mosel area when from the corner of my eye I spotted some
old sets in a shop window. Stopped the car, asked my better half for
permission ;-) and went in. In the window were some old modelteam and
technic sets (I remember the MT Van). Inside there were some shelves with
not so interesting stuff. The guy asked what I was looking for, so I said
'old sets'. "Follow me"  and he took me to the treasure chamber. The first
thing that caught my eye, after some (I think) late 80's technic was 5580,
the white/blue ModelTeam truck. Got it for DM118,- which would be some $45 I
think. Then I saw the box that made my week:

A brand new never used 396. The old Thatcher Perkins that had been sitting
on the shelf for the last 25 years..... I had to pinch myself, but it was
true. And the price? Weep: DM 35,- or $15,-

Then I checked the rest of the shelves. Two 12V train regulators, various
12V points, crossings. I think I even saw some blue track.... 872 gear
reduction sets (6 or 7), the model team Jet boat, an old Town Fireboat.....

If people are interested, I have the shops address......

Duq