 Marketplace / Theory / 1374
Re: Ames 75% Star Wars LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:09:27 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, John Robert Blaze Kanehl writes:

There are half a dozen Ames stores here, many recently remodeled after
purchasing Hills stores.  The employees here are generally clueless and not
too friendly/helpful...their rudeness and and ignorance is only surpassed by
K-mart.

I'm beginning to believe that K-Mart rudeness and inept customer-service is
universal; I've had bad experiences at 3 different K-Marts in my area - the
managers treated me with contempt when I once tried to score a discount on
opened merchandise and once tried to reclaim merchandise that we had paid for,
but which the cashier had neglected to put in our bag.  Regarding the latter
incident we called K-Mart, explained that we didn't have the merchandise, was
given the cashier's name, and was assured that the merchandise would be waiting
for us at customer service with our name on it.  When we arrived, noone could
find the merchandise, and we were told that noone by that cashier's name worked
there.  Anyway, the manager proceeded to basically call my wife a shoplifter,
and the whole incident almost ended in fisticuffs.  There is a K-Mart by my
house that takes the prize for general chaos, poor service, lack of cashiers,
and lines of epic proportions.  If I wasn't able to find old Lego at decent
discounts at K-Mart, my shadow would never darken their doors.