 Marketplace / Shopping / 4113
4112  |  4114
Subject:
ZB Sales and Ames Scores
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 04:49:25 GMT

"Kyle D. Jackson" wrote:

G'day all,

So since I work in Michigan, but they don't have any Ames stores, I had to
scheme up a way to get in on this 75% deal.  Option #1 was to drive to Ohio
and start looking.  But that required actual effort.  However, option #2 only
required me to call my folks in New Brunswick and ask them to drive the 30
minutes into Calais, Maine to act as my "agents".

Crikes, you're in a perfectly good part of Ontario,and you drive across the
Ambassador / through the tunnel everyday to work in Detroit?  Strange folks, you
are.

Yes, it now appears I cannot sink any lower  :]  But hey, after talking to the
manager, they scored, so at least I get to fill my lowly world with a few more
Star Wars kits  :]  They made off with 8 sets ... So instead of re-enacting the
Snow Speeder scenes from Hoth, I now get to have Flash Speeder races  :]

Well, if you need a Snowspeeder, I can bring one from my Ames haul with me when
I'm back in Detroit in two weeks.  ;)  Those I had little trouble finding, and I'm
glad because they have very useful parts for my naval construction.

By the way, I stopped into a ZB yesterday, and not only did they have the MF
(which I haven't bought, it's US$90, but I will act as a proxy if people in, say,
Oz need one RIGHT NOW), but apparently the Mos Espa Podrace 7171 is now clearanced
at $50.  I'm not sure if this applies to all ZBs, but I'd be shocked if it didn't.

And, of course, they had no soccer buses.

best

Lindsay