 Marketplace / Theory / 1372
Re: Ames 75% Star Wars LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 12:43:54 GMT

(Continueing the story from my last post)...

Well, my story is rather nice compared to some that I have read.  After work I
took a copy of the e-mail from the customer service rep to the Ames and asked
for the person stated in the e-mail.  A few minutes go by, she comes up to me
and asks how she may help me.  I hand her the e-mail, she looks it over and
then she replys "Oh yes, they contacted me and said to expect you" (I was
really shocked by that statement because Ames in my area is not known for good
customer service)  I had expected a small battle, but all I received was an
apology for my inconvience and a point in the direction of a cashier to check
me out.  Overall, I was very impressed by the whole ordeal.

In the future I will definitely remember this tactic of going above the Local
manager's head at the beginnning of my battle to save time!

Keep building,
  -Jim F.