 Marketplace / Shopping / 4080
Re: Ames 75% Star Wars LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 00:55:59 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jeff Johnston writes:

I had the same experience, although it took 10 minutes and a call to the
manager to get me my discount.  The service desk clerk attempted to tell
me that it was just "figures and stuff", even though the ad clearly stated
all SW items in Toys or Sporting Goods. (No idea *why* "figures and stuff"
would be in Sporting Goods.)  My patience was rewarded as I was told I'd
get the discount "this time"...

Well, I tried, but didn't get the discount.  The store manager kept telling me
that it was star wars brand only.
I thought I was going to walk out with 4 destroyer droids for the price of one.
O well.  It was the Ames in Weymouth, MA so don't waste your time going there.
The manager said I wasn't the first to ask.  According to him, about 15 others
had came in trying to do the same thing.
-Ben Cox