 Marketplace / Shopping / 4109
Re: Ames 75% Star Wars LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 02:14:16 GMT

G'day all,

So since I work in Michigan, but they don't have any Ames stores, I had to
scheme up a way to get in on this 75% deal.  Option #1 was to drive to Ohio
and start looking.  But that required actual effort.  However, option #2 only
required me to call my folks in New Brunswick and ask them to drive the 30
minutes into Calais, Maine to act as my "agents".

Yes, it now appears I cannot sink any lower  :]  But hey, after talking to the
manager, they scored, so at least I get to fill my lowly world with a few more
Star Wars kits  :]  They made off with 8 sets, most notable a Gungan sub and a
pair of Flash Speeders.  Least notable I'm now finally own the Droid
Starfighter..., two of them  :[  Oh well.  The selection was really bad.  They
only found 5 different sets, so they took 2 each where available (3 of the
sets).  Sounds like that store was already cleaned out before the sale hit.
So instead of re-enacting the Snow Speeder scenes from Hoth, I now get to have
Flash Speeder races  :]

KDJ

Kyle D. Jackson
Windsor, Ontario, Canada