 Marketplace / Shopping / 4093
Re: Ames 75% Star Wars LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 19:35:10 GMT

Toki Barron wrote:

Mr L F Braun wrote:
Anyways, just two pennies from the local David Horowitz wannabe

Lindsay, who's David Horowitz?  I'm sorry, being Jewish I know a few David
Horowitzs.  :-)  Kind of reminds me of a license plate holder I saw one time:
Another Goldstein.  There's a reason these names are so popular but it isn't really
a topic for either of these groups.

   Sorry for presuming everyone's as consumer-savvy.  ;)  David Horowitz is
   sort of like Ralph Nader in being a consumer-rights advocate.  He had a TV
   show back in the early 1980s called "Fight Back!" where he took on business
   disputes and dispensed useful information for consumers.  I didn't even think
   about the sheer number of David Horowitzes out there, because he's the most
   famous (AFAIK).  No antisemitism real or implied here.

Also, for the 3 Pittsburgh area Lugneters and for the information of the group, I
went to the Ames on Library Road in Bethel Park, PA (SW Pittsburgh suburb) and was
able to get the 75% discount without problem (well, some of the sets didn't have
the discount in the computer but that was easily fixed).  They had signs
advertising the sale right by the SW Lego, which was with all of the other Lego and
not separate.  Their selection was not that good, but they did have some of the
2000 stuff (no more Slave Is though :-)).  They did not have any of the ATT, MTT,
or the MF.  I am going to try a couple of other local Ames stores and see if I can
find a couple of B-Wings and maybe even some of the new stuff.

I've half a mind to go back to my haunt and get some more!  ;)  Nice catch.

best

Lindsay