 Marketplace / Shopping / 4101
Re: Ames 75% Star Wars LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 17:03:11 GMT

<big snip>

Who are the BBB (hopefully not related to the other triple-letter group)

The other triple-letter group?  You mean the AAA (Automobile Association • of
America)?  ;)  The BBB is the Better Business Bureau, a US consumer • watchdog group
comprised of local chapter organisations that monitor merchant behaviour.
http://www.bbb.org if you're curious.  They usually try to act as honest • brokers,
and only rarely try to litigate if a lot of serious complaints are lodged • against a
given vendor and found to have substance.  Since I have never had to press • the
issue even to the point of arbitration, I don't know if the BBB is really • the
merchant's nightmare that the results its mention produces implies--but • I'd imagine
that there's got to be something to it.

best

Lindsay

Just got back from a local Ames (NJ).  Went through the clerk, the customer
service rep, dept manager and finally the store manager.  They were all
giving the same 'it does not apply to lego' story.  When the Store manager
was done I politely mentioned that he can either honor the sale or I can
call the BBB.  I walked out with $400 of lego for $100.

So as Lindsay says, there is something to it when politely placed into the
conversation

Jeff