 Marketplace / Shipping / 257
Re: Envelopes are NOT enough (was Re:...never receive your package?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:39:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.shipping, Steve Chapple writes:

<snipped good advice>

(Envelopes are for papers, padded envelopes are for solid items
like 3.5 diskettes)

Disagree. 3.5 diskettes are not solid.

I have received a damaged one in a padded envelope that apparently was lying
somewhere spanning a gap and took an point end in the middle of it. Ripped a
hole in the padding, cracked the case, bent the door. Unreadable diskette.

3.5s need to go between corro sheets. IMHO.

Other than that I agree w/ SRC's advice.

Regarding Dan... Dan sets the bar in packaging, I'd say. It's a high bar.

But then he ships stuff as part of his business, it's the first house I've
ever been to that has a "UPS: pickup today/UPS: no pickup today" flip sign in
the front door window. And the stuff he ships is CDs in jewel cases and rolled
up posters, among other things. About the most fragile things out there!

++Lar