 Marketplace / Auctions / 6902
Re: What do you do when you never receive your package?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 14:55:40 GMT

"Rich Manzo" <Brickfan25@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.auction, John Hadd writes:

Yes, That is one thing that really bugs me, The seller who says I will • not be
responsible for items that are lost or damaged. Go ask your local Postal
Inspector if that claim is true, It's not.

Why is this? Let me see if I understand- Buyer pays me for item x and does • not
want insurance or any other service. I ship out the package and it never
arrives. How is it my fault that the buyer did not want these services? I • dont
understand the Post Office's logic.

Employees at my local Post Office were very surprised (and confused) to hear
that there were 2 Irelands listed at 2 different postal rates (Ireland &
N.Ireland/UK).  Said one to the other:  "I wonder if they are close to each
other?"

Disclaimer:  I'm not making any gross generalizations about Postal
employees.

--
-Rob.

New sets and parts for sale or trade: