 Marketplace / Shipping / 253
Re: What do you do when you never receive your package?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 15:31:38 GMT

In lugnet.market.shipping, Rob Doucette writes:

"richard marchetti"
Rob, Lar:

SNIP
seller's word that the items were mailed is simply not good enough -- he
must either produce proof of mailing, the goods themselves, or a refund in
this instance.

Agreed, these are points I stated, although not directly.

Where's the argument here?

My initial reply was not in response to Frank, it was in response to John.
My argument is that liability for lost/damaged shipments can and is often
(conditionally) transferred to the buyer. Rob.

Well, To me, the whole shipping thing is the most complicated and vague of all
the selling and trading issues, a lot of unknowns and unproveables. I do not
think that you can transfer the liability to the buyer, maybe in writing with
the buyers signature, but you're saying with a verbal agreement? What would
stop the scammers from taking it to the extreme? I can't see how a verbal
agreement would overrule PO Regulations. I asked at my PO about this very
issue, "If I tell the buyer I won't be responsible if they don't insure" and I
was told, nope, you are still responsible, why? the scammers. You should check
it out at the PO next time you go in and talk to the Inspector.  John