 Marketplace / Auctions / 6877
Re: What do you do when you never receive your package?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 14:54:23 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Richard Marchetti writes:
All of John's advice seems very sound to me.  I have tried to be cooperative
with sellers, but it's true that the onus is on them to show proof of mailing
however much they may try to shift that burden onto the buyer with a variety
of disclaimers.

Yes, That is one thing that really bugs me, The seller who says I will not be
responsible for items that are lost or damaged. Go ask your local Postal
Inspector if that claim is true, It's not.

Insurance is one thing, proof of mailing is another.

I should have been more clear in my first post, Insurance will cover lost or
damaged mail, Delivery Confirmation or Registered Mail will only help get the
seller (shipper) out of the fraud charge.  John  AKA (freightmaster)