 Local / Australia / 12706
Re: Australian Nation Meet, 2005.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 02:23:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons wrote:

   (I’d go and find out myself, but I’m boycotting BL until they reinstate Larry).

This idea makes me smile some. A true man of principle - there are so few. While buckets of folks have been posturing like crazy about this, I have doubted their principles would survive their first desire to go back there. Top marks Richie :-)

Much pain, suffering and general immorality in the world has been caused as a result of men standing by their principles. The moral and ethical significance lies in the content of the principles, not the rigorousness of their adherence. More specifically, if a principle amounts to “inconvenience to both the buyer and administration is an acceptable way to bring about improvements for the seller”, then as a buyer I’m less than impressed...

Actually Richie, you weren’t a buyer were you? A buyer boycotting a store because it removed a seller who was inconveniencing both buyers and admin as a matter of principle - well, now that’s kind of amusing :-)

Cheers,