 Local / Australia / 12664
Re: Australian Nation Meet, 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:27:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:
Good questions, Kerry! :-) Well, I shall stand up and be counted ...

Q1. Who will volunteer to take charge of organising the event?

Not me. I am willing to help but not to take charge.

I would be happy to be part of a team, but I think this needs a few more (maybe
a team of 4? someone from QLD, NSW and VIC and SA?... etc), where we can
converse through either phone/email and maybe some kind of chat program.. MSN
etc... just so that the communication is there and up and running. But standing
on my head by myself might not be so much fun. I do however, have the time to
donate to such an event. I also know a few people I can ask for with advice on
getting something like this started. (My boss's wife is the manager of City
Hall/Q St Mall, I am sure she knows a few things or two ;)

Q2. How many of us are prepared to show their support for an Australian
Brickfest by offering (say) $100 up front towards the costs of organising
it?

Yes, I would be willing to put up $100.

Sure, why not. I'd also be happy to try and chase up a few sponsors if
possible... nothing is 'impossible' right? ;)

Kerry

Mel

P.S This can be done!