 Local / Australia / 12689
Re: Australian Nation Meet, 2005. A hand in the air.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 06:40:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown wrote:
- PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE (this can cost up to $8,000 and some times
more, depending on the situation and the Insurance Broker).  Also the
venue *MAY* if we are lucky, have it's own PLI already covered for
anyone 'hiring it', I know we bumped into these issues back in
June 2002 in the Brisbane Nat Meet.

In Sydney for '03 too. In fact, the venue stopped hiring its function rooms out
for such functions soon after. Their insurance brocker apparently said something
like "You used it for WHAT?".

Churches are good for included cover, but are often problematic for Sundays. And
tend to be selective of who they hire to as well.

Cheers

Richie