 Local / Australia / 12703
Re: Australian Nation Meet, 2005. A hand in the air.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 05:57:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown wrote:
Just for some interesting information (as of 31st August, 2004):

Our 'known' Aussie Brick Population (to date):

BRICKLINK: 977 (unsure of how many lurkers/browsers)

An impressive number! Is there a way to email them as a group? • I don't think so...

(I'd go and find out myself, but I'm boycotting BL until they reinstate Larry).

How many would come to a national meet?

The US has around 16K Brinklickers, and had 300ish at Brickfest. Just under 2%.

Still, impressive numbers.

Unsure of any of the other websites and resources...

The various eBay sellers might be able to share email lists...

Maybe, but some sites don't always allow you to contact people, even though it's
sometimes nice to be told of such things happening :)  Maybe some of the sellers
could place a banner that we will come up with on their stores that will lead to
our site.  That will give people some idea of what is happening, once it all
comes into shape. But I did contact several people in QLD to advertise a little
for our 2002 Brisbane Nat meet, sadly most lived too far away! like up north and
in the country out in the sticks.

I wonder if the Ozbricks mailing list would be available?
Privacy pretty much comes into this, but maybe if Michael's buyers ticked any
boxes or gave info that they are happy to receive such news, it would be ok.

Or the Bricknet one?

Don't know too much about them but same as above

And an insert in the World Club magazine would be interesting...

Yep, already thought of that one :)

Cheers

Richie

Mel (we are thinking of everyway possible)