 Local / Australia / 12704
Re: Australian Nation Meet, 2005.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 23:34:50 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown wrote:
Just for some interesting information (as of 31st August, 2004):

Our 'known' Aussie Brick Population (to date):

BRICKLINK: 977 (unsure of how many lurkers/browsers)

An impressive number! Is there a way to email them as a group?

Whoa there!  I bet they'd all love more unsolicited mail in their inbox ;-)

(I'd go and find out myself, but I'm boycotting BL until they reinstate Larry).

This idea makes me smile some.  A true man of principle - there are so few.
While buckets of folks have been posturing like crazy about this, I have doubted
their principles would survive their first desire to go back there.  Top marks
Richie :-)

How many would come to a national meet?

The US has around 16K Brinklickers,

Brinklickers - very good!  I hadn't heard this before, and its extremely Dan.

and had 300ish at Brickfest. Just under 2%.

Officer thinking.  Unfortunately it predicts 18 visitors to a similar fest in
Australia.  We might need some more analysis of other factors in order to
improve our prospects (or face the concept of 18 visitors).

Still, impressive numbers.

Unsure of any of the other websites and resources...

The various eBay sellers might be able to share email lists...

I wonder if the Ozbricks mailing list would be available?

Or the Bricknet one?

And an insert in the World Club magazine would be interesting...

Another thought (and one in keeping with our Privacy and Anti-spam legislation)
might be to create a page where folks can register their interest and offer
their email addys.  That might make a worthy link at the bottom of any posts
that discuss it, and any of our websites that would care to support the idea.
I'd be happy to carry the link fairly prominently on the Port Block sites...

Richard
Still baldly going...