 Local / Australia / 12657
Re: Australian Nation Meet, 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:39:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:
I agree with all the issues Richie is raising. However, the existence of
BrickFest proves it is possible, so let us work out how they do it ...

I checked out the BrickFest WWW site and found this rather informative
document:

http://www.dc.brickfest.com/dc04pdf/press-info-brickfest.pdf

which shows that over 4 years, BrickFest grew from 60 people to over 300
people. Anyone know how many attended the 2004 event?

Well I don't have the actual final numbers, but 283 people signed up to attend BrickFest 2004, I know a few couldn't end up making it, but then a few others registered at the door.  On the public day we had 1550 (or some) people visit, which was a huge increase over the year before, which IIRC was in the 300 range.   Apparently, this increase was because advertising went from one day to two weeks prior to the event.

I really hope that you guys find away of managing an Australia BF, I personally
would plan to attend, and I'm watching this thread closely, because it's
probably time Canada does the same.

Good Luck

Janey "Red Brick"