 General / 8368
Re: LEGO for Life Sweepstakes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 13:46:44 GMT

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999 20:04:17 GMT, Thomas Main <main@appstate.edu> wrote:

I filled out this form, but I really didn't understand this part of it:

By completing this form, you agree to receive future messages from LEGO.
Please tell us if you do NOT want to be contacted by the following methods:

Do not contact me
Mail
Phone
Email

The "Do not contact me" button was selected by default.  I unchecked it
but I didn't check any of the other boxes because the instructions say
to tell them if you "do NOT want to be contacted by the following
methods:"  So, although I'm sure this is wrong, I did NOT check any
boxes because I did NOT NOT want to be contacted by those methods.  In
other words, I would like to be contacted by e-mail, phone, or mail.  I
think the setence they used is ambiguous on this count...I'm sure I
interpreted it as wrong...but others might too.  All in all, I think it
was a poorly designed survey.

I interpreted it the same way you did.

You're absolutely right, it was poorly worded.  The "do not contact me"
option directly contradicts the "By completing this form, you agree to
receive future messages from LEGO" statement.

Steve