 General / 10690
Re: LEGO for Life Sweepstakes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 01:25:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Peter Callaway writes:
The sweepstakes is only open to US residents.

Hohum.....Yet another international company ignoring their international
customers by running a "US residents only" competition. How many times have I
seen that?

Hey, you guys at TLC, WAKE UP!!! The rest of the world buys your product, so
how about running market research and competitions for them too?! How
incredibly frustrating to browse through an internationally accessible website
for an internationally purchasable product and find out that market research
and product availability is limited to the US, with the rest of the world
picking up the crumbs from under their table.

Pete "nine and a half toenails" Callaway

I'll second that, Peter (hope the toenail recovers quickly)
hey what about starting a petition, which we could send to Lego Australia,
asking that WE  are also provided for

stamping foot( I want an Australian Shop @ Home!!!!)

After waiting with baited breath for the 2000 catalogue preview here recently
I was struck with the painful realisation that we were going to have to wait
until at least Feb to even get the new catalogue in our hot little hands (last
year it was march and I was haunting DJ's waiting for it.)Then,after that
milestone, comes the long painful process of waiting for the sets to come into
the stores in dribs and drabs.
I rang Lego Aust the other day in the hope that by hassling, we may be able to
get it direct, I was told that the only way we could get it earlier is with
the World Club Magazine, but there were no promises or dates regarding this,
so I'll be waiting impatiently for the next couple of deliverys, (and will
probably be disapointed too, I bet)
I too am really annoyed that we dont get all the sets here, I think our buying
power is being seriously underestimated.

So, what do you think Peter, a signed petition??? How many of us are there
anyway, and what about leaving a copy in local toyshops, for all the
collectors out there to sign that are not on line?
I personally can think of a few shops that could be interested.

Does this interest anyone else out there? If so lets here from you......

Rachel :-)