 General / 8321
Re: LEGO for Life Sweepstakes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 16:21:25 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
I guess this begs the question however.  Would these people be going to the
LEGO web site and filling out the form?  If they are not that "into" LEGO I
would guess not.  I am sure that there are plenty of folks out there that
don't have the money to spend on LEGO but love it as much as the rest of us
and they might fill out the form but I still have to believe that the one's
filling out this form as long as they can count and remember to count all of
those small $3-$5 sets they get for their kids then I can't imagine more than
maybe 10% of those filling out the form will have less then 10 sets.

Just my view anyway

Yep. That's exactly why I said I'd expect to see numbers VASTLY in the 10+
range, and maybe only a couple token entries in the less than 10 categories.
Hence, despite the fact that the 'majority' of households have less than 10,
the data will be skewed...

Add to that the number of people who will enter their information more than
once... And I'd guess that anyone that does *that* is filling out '10+' either
just to appear as a better customer, or because they're die hard lego fans that
really do have more than 10 sets.

Of course, they'll hopefully try and compensate for that somehow... the best
way would be to contact EVERY person that fills out the form and figure out as
much as possible about them, but I doubt they'll actually contact more than,
say, 100 people (at least individually... others may be just added to mailing
lists, etc)... But realistically, I'd guess around 10-50 people would be
contacted (based on absolutely nothing, just my random guess.)

DaveE