 General / 8310
Re: LEGO for Life Sweepstakes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 15:27:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
I can't think of *anyone* I know, nephews and neighbors included, that don't
have either 0-1 or 10+.

I know a few... mostly, I'd say people fall in the "under 10" category or "way
over 10" category. My younger brother and sister's collection (they don't care
for it nearly as much as I) is about 4 or 5 sets... Also, our neighbors family
has a collection of I'd guess between 5 and 10 sets... Then of course, when I
was a kid, there were 2 other kids in my class that had whopping collections
like me (the "way over 10" category), but the rest (that I ever saw) had
between 0 and 10. I think for the most part, kids get it as a gift here and
there... I know that in my brother and sister's case, only two came from inside
the family (parents/aunts/uncles/me/etc), and the other few came from birthday
parties... I think that Lego is often thought of as kind of a generic good
gift when you don't know the child too well...

DaveE