 General / 8299
Re: LEGO for Life Sweepstakes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 14:10:05 GMT

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999 22:08:08 GMT, "James Brown"
<galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote:

"Lego for life" Hmph.  That's not even Lego for a year!

Well, they obviously have their sites set too low.  I can't believe the
"how many LEGO products do you own?" topped out at 10.  Geez.

Poorly designed form, too.  They seem to have a really low expectation of how
much Lego people own.

It could be they didn't want to scare off casual users/buyers.  "Who the
*heck* would own 100+ sets?  Those marketing people must be nutty!"

Also, if their expectation was that maybe 1% of the respondants would check
the 10+ category, there's not a lot of useful information to be gained by
having higher levels (from one point of view).  Personally, if I owned a
company, and was aware of customers who buy 100x as much of my product as
most people, I would be doing whatever I could take care of these people,
and encourage them to be "ambassadors of goodwill" for my company.

Also, with no room for comments, they're putting
blinders on their marketing division.  "No, we don't want answers to questions
we didn't think to ask."

It could be a focusing issue.  They want to get answers to specific
questions, not go on a fishing trip.

Or it could be a deliberate attempt to ignore the adult-fan sector.

Oh well.  I entered it anyway, despite being from Canada, on the off chance
that it might get me e-mail from "Susan Williams"  :/

You could have used my snail address.  I'd be sure to forward the winnings
to you.  Really.

Steve