 General / 54115
  Opinions about LEGO consumer service

Hello all, We have been asked to get gather some testimonials from AFOLs regarding the service of LEGO consumer services. Please respond to this post with any information you would like passed on. If you've interacted with them, please let us know (...) (17 years ago, 15-Aug-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) I think it's spelled Lagos, and it's in Nigeria. No wonder they didn't know how to answer ;-). (...) I have, and it's been significantly positive... but I've learned never to call on weekends. I've had missing parts... which have always been (...) (17 years ago, 15-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) Yes, thats exactly the type of thing I was looking for. Thank you. (17 years ago, 15-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

I have learned that you must phone as to use the designated web/email system can be useless. The last time I had a query I used the web form which then produced two emails. The first was an automated "we'll get to your concern, thanks for filling (...) (17 years ago, 15-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) I've always had great service in regards to getting replacement parts, including the time LEGO sent me an entire RC unit for the dune buggy set, no charge, when mine stopped working. The only negative experience I've had was a few weeks ago (...) (17 years ago, 15-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

My experience has been positive. There have been times when pieces were missing or damaged from a set including sticker sheets that were folded, bent and unable to be applied and customer service has always sent the missing pieces. Never had the (...) (17 years ago, 15-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) I talk to Lego customer service almost weekly. I have had very good service from them and they try. My only complaint is that they do not know how to answer difficult questions or any history (except for one person that will search out an (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) I have had only positive experiences with Lego Customer Service. When I was eight or nine I wrote customer service to get replacements for some broken pieces. Not only did I get the pieces, but also a hand signed letter from Susan Williams, (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

In lugnet.ambassadors, Damon Burke wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Uhhhhh, hem...haw. Forget it; I don't have the heart. JOHN (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

All I know is right now shop@home is suffering badly. a lot of shipments with wrong things, but then to make it worse, they sometimes seem to feel it's ok to pressure the person into paying for what they shipped that was wrong. Not something I have (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) Don't you think that he should know about Susan? Someone even told me about the tooth fairy John P (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) John; Fill me in here. What am I missing? (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) Well, let's just say that Santa, the Tooth Fairy, and Susan Williams have one thing in common.... Do a news search for "susan williams" and you'll know what I'm talking about:-) JOHN (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) Damon, Susan Williams is right up there with "Film Director Alan Smithee" Basically, it's a made up name, probably to give a more human element to the overall Consumer services group. (Which as an overall, is pretty good!) For BrickFest 2005, (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) John; Since i can't find any usefull info in the news section, please explain again for those of us who are not in on the joke. What is the full story on the how and why and when this was revealed? And just for the sake of it, I think this is (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) Oooooh that reminds me, I have had this happen too and that's completely unacceptable. You authorize a charge of x, and then they charge a higher amount? I bought something on sale but they charged me the regular price. I called to get it (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) So when was the "coming out" party? I noticed shortly after I got back into the hobby that there was no more "Susan Williams" on the letters. And here I thought that she must have finally retired! This is a great move by TLC, whoever came up (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) Damon- I am not the type that goes around saying "Santa isn't real". My kids are 18 & 20 and I still would never say that to them. That said, I dislike dishonesty as well. So, in beneign cases such as this, I just wink. There are humorous (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

Mine was very basic problem. They charged the right amoutn per say to my card. BUT THE PAPER work they provided seemed to be short a few cents here and there. SO IMAGINE the fun an auditor would have with that. Ie how am I too balance things when (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) I would surmise that she was a real employee in customer service back when it was a smaller company and maybe she even personally replied to customer inquiries back when they weren't as numerous as they would eventually become as TLG grew and (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) I have two daughters, 2 and 8 weeks. I loathe the day that they discover that Santa is not what they imagine. As an adult I don't get disillusioned any more. I still think that if she was never real it was brilliant marketing. I still remeber (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) I am not sure she was ever real. A lot of companies use a name and when you ask for that person anyone can help you, but by using it they know why you called. Very common for a collection agency or a bank to do that. I used to call and ask for (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) Not to be rude but... what should Europeans say then (and, worst of all, people from Denmark(!) and Norway who, if I remember correctly, have the highest prices)? I'm not saying at all what you have is ok! But to call 25-30% for criminal, (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) OK "Customer Service" and consumer service stories... First, two "Customer Service" the organization in Enfield circa 1995 I wrote a letter to Susan Williams (yes, I was in my twenties and I addressed a letter to Ms Williams :) about the (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

(...) I have been very pleased with the customer service from LEGO S@H. Two examples come to mind: 1. An order was placed online and delivered by our favorite package smashing service. There were damaged and missing items. This went way beyond (...) (17 years ago, 18-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service

My experiences with LEGO customer service are few and far between, but when I have contacted them, I have been very satisfied. Once, I had bought two of set 8420 and received different couloured shock absorbers. After a brief e-mail conversation, I (...) (17 years ago, 20-Aug-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)